DSAA is with you during the stay-at-home orders to flatten the curve of COVID-19 in Atlanta and surrounding areas. We will continue to update with new information and resources as they become available.
- Preparing for an unexpected hospitalization of a person with disabilities
- Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- A Caretaker's Dilemma, an AJC article about aging caretakers and their loved ones in the Covid-19 pandemic
Benefits & Advocacy Resources
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) for key language about the impact Covid-19 has on federal and state legislative and administrative actions on the various benefits you or your child receives.
- National Consortium of Down syndrome organizations COVID-19 resource
- COVID-19 FAQs Sheet, updated regularly and compiled by Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Gigi's At Home, virtual programming from Gigi's Playhouse National to support individuals across the lifespan
Mondays with Martha Social Hour! Join Martha Haythorn Mondays at 4pm for a Zoom call led by and for people with disabilities! It's an opportunity to start the week “Community Strong," check in with each other, watch short videos, play games, learn about an important topic of the week and hear from some very important special guests! Geared towards adults with disabilities.
- This Monday, May 4th: Special Guest Rep. Rick Williams!
- Tuesday Weekly webinar series to address issues and share concerns during Covid-19 for people with developmental disabilities. Presented by Georgia Developmental Disabilities Network and partnering organizations; RSVP required. All webinar notes, recordings, agenda and transcripts of previous webinars can be viewed here.
Social Stories & Visual Schedules