- Join a Virtual Support Group during Covid-19 for adult individuals with disabilities, scheduled for Wednesday, April 15 at 3:30pm. For questions and link to zoom, email: email@example.com.
- Join Martha Haythorn every Monday at 4pm for Mondays with Martha Social Hour…a Zoom led by a person with a developmental disability for people with developmental disabilities! It is an opportunity to start the week “Community Strong”. We will check in with each other, watch short videos, play games, and learn about the “important topic” of the week. Martha also has a lineup of some very important special guests! You will not want to miss the excitement! https://zoom.us/j/710187865
- The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities is a wealth of information and resources; be sure to subscribe to their newsletter and social media pages to be in the know!
- Georgia's Appendix K was approved on April 9th by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This is an emergency application requesting flexibility in how NOW/COMP services are provided.
- The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) issued a bulletin reminding agencies that civil rights laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability, including healthcare services related to Covid-19. See the OCR press release and also gain guidance on how to avoid disability discrimination in medical rationing plans.
- On March 27 Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES). See The Arc's fact sheet to better understand the stimulus payments.
Do you like this post?