The Down Syndrome Consortium consists of the DSAA, GiGi's Playhouse Atlanta, the National Down Syndrome Congress, the Emory Genetics Clinic, and the Adult Disability Medical Home. These organizations have committed to working together on various initiatives with the goal of bringing one strong voice of advocacy and awareness for Down Syndrome. Check out its progress!
- The Consortium conducted advocacy at the capital for World Down Syndrome Day
- DSAA and GiGi's Playhouse hosted several parent events such as Mimosas and Tattoos and Mom's Night Out
- DSAA, Emory Genetics Clinic and GiGi's Playhouse are partnering to conduct two new parent workshops annually
- DSAA and Emory Genetics Clinic are heading to area hospitals to meet with doctors and social workers to offer training and resources
- DSAA and GiGi's playhouse are working together to offer a yoga class for moms
- DSAA is helping GiGi's Playhouse bring GiGi's on the Road to bring physical therapists and occupational therapists to communities to serve constituents who may not be able to get to a physical GiGi's location.